This project is read-only.

Support for VB.NET code generation

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Hello,

Where can I specifiy the output language for the code generation? I've a VB.Net Project and the WSCF.blue generates a .cs file instead of a .vb file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:29 AM

I've exactly the same problem..

Any ideas?

Oct 2, 2009 at 7:24 AM

WSCF.blue sets the language for code generation by looking at the language of the current project. It is possible that we are not correctly detecting the language for a particular type of project.

What project type are you generating your code in (Class Library, Console Application, Web Site etc.)? Also, are you running the latest version of WSCF.blue?

Oct 2, 2009 at 3:16 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Hi!

Yes, I'm using the latest "1.0.5".

It's an ASP.NET Web Service Application in VB.NET.

It doesn't work for a WCF Service Library in VB.NET too.

Can you please fix this and release another Version of the WSCF.blue, because I need it as soon as possible.

Thank You.

Oct 2, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Hi bugmenot2,

Thanks for the information. I will do some testing on those project types.

Instead of using a BugMeNot account, it would be nice if you created a CodePlex account to use when participating in the forum.

Alex.

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:12 PM

I have tested both those project types and did not have any problems with a .cs file being generated. Even when I specified a file name with with a .cs extension, the generated files still had the extension replaced to .vb as expected.

Regardless, there is a new Work Item in the Issue Tracker for this:

http://wscfblue.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=8900

Could you please jump there and attach a sample project file that reproduces the problem?

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:13 PM

sure..

thx.

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Silly me.. i've generated it with the version 1.0.4 and only installed but not generated with the 1.0.5.

It works! :-D

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Glad to hear it's working for you! Thanks for letting me know. I will close the Work Item created for this issue.