This project is read-only.

Visual Studio 2015

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:35 PM
With add-ins now deprecated in Visual Studio 2015 is there any future for WSCF.blue? If not what alternative would be suitable for generating my contract first web services code?
May 26, 2016 at 4:31 PM
Steve63,

Right now the only option is to use VS 2013 instead of VS 2015 or so find another code generation utility.

I have personally been working on a VSIX project for the last week or so to provide WSCF.blue as an extension instead of an add-in. I have it about 75% complete. My intention is to contribute my work to the project once I hear back from the WSCF.blue team. The nice part is that once a working extension is created it can be used in older versions of VS instead of the add-in.
May 26, 2016 at 5:18 PM
Hi RiskFactor.

WSCF.blue as a VS extension would be very cool. Good luck with the conversion.
May 27, 2016 at 2:15 AM
Hi RiskFactor,

The upgrade to a VS extension would be a very welcome contribution. I think there are still people out there that would appreciate this being available in VS 2015.

A VS extension is something I started a long time ago but haven't had the spare cycles to push it forward. Sounds like you've gotten a lot further than I did too.

Just letting you know that the code is now on GitHub.

https://github.com/WSCF/WSCF

This might make it easier to send over a PR when the time comes. :)

Cheers,

Alex.
Jun 16, 2016 at 3:29 PM
Alex,

I found the repo on GitHub and have submitted a pull request for the VSIX changes.

RiskFactor