Help in using WSCF

Jul 27, 2009 at 1:55 AM
Edited Jul 27, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Greetings,

I am looking for some advice in using WSCF. This is my first exposure to WCF and a contract-first approach seems exactly what I need.

My target wsdl is an 'industry standard" schema ( http://www.witsml.org/images/witsml/api/140/WMLS.WSDL ). Based on the tutorials I have worked thru at MSDN's WCF site, I am starting with a Visual Studio 9 C# WCF Service Library. The code generation seems to work fine for this wsdl and the project complies without error. I have included a reference to Thinktecture.ServiceModel.Extensions.Metadata.dll.

When I use the generated output.config & try to debug the library, WcfSvcHost will not start and complains about incorrect usage.

When I use and modify the App.config that the project generates, the WCF Service Host starts, but complains about the following:

"System.InvalidOperationException: RPC Message WMLS_AddToStoreRequest in operation WMLS_AddToStore has an invalid body name WMLS_AddToStoreRequest. It must be WMLS_AddToStore "

I have also tried working thru  the step-by-step WSCF 0.7 guide with no success.

Best Regards,

Jerry

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Hi Jerry,

There maybe something going on with the Actions etc. I'll take a look at the WSDL (at the URL you mentioned) and try to repro this scenario.

Benjy