WSCF.blue client-side proxy generation with DataSets

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Hi,

I am using WSCF.blue client-side proxy generation to create the proxy for my WCF web service.

However, when my web service methods define a DataSet in their signatures I am getting an issue that the generated interface methods are using XXXRequest and XXXResponse classes instead of the DataSets.

This only happens when any of my web service methods use DataSets and it affects every generated method in the generated proxy interface. If none of my web service methods have DataSets in their signatures the interface methods are generated using the correct types.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Many thanks,

Charles

Developer
Oct 21, 2011 at 7:26 AM

Hi Charles,

Do you get the same result when generating the proxy using the "Add Service Reference" dialog in Visual Studio?

Is this a typed DataSet or just a normal one?

Cheers,

Alex.

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Hi Alex,

When I use "Add Service Reference" in Visual Studio it is correctly using the DataSet in the interface definition. It is just a normal DataSet. I would like the same behaviour from WSCF.blue if possible.

Regards,

Charles

Developer
Oct 24, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Hi Charles,

The tool currently only supports the XmlSerializer and this is the reason for the special parameters that you are seeing. You will see the same result if you use svcutil.exe and force the serializer to the XmlSerializer.

Support for the DataContractSerializer is scheduled for the next major version and is not a small feature. Sorry I don't have a quick solution for you.

Cheers,

Alex.

Oct 24, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Thanks Alex,

Is there a roadmap that sets out when the next major version would be released?

Charles

Developer
Oct 28, 2011 at 12:48 PM
I haven't had much time to work on the next version recently and do not have any timeline for release at present. Before Benjy passed away he posted a list of potential features at the link below.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on what you would like to see in a new "major" version. Obviously I have my own opinions but I would love to hear those of the many current users.

On 25 October 2011 01:09, CharlesGamble <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks Alex,

Is there a roadmap that sets out when the next major version would be released?

Charles

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WSCFblue@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email WSCFblue@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com