This project is read-only.

DataContractSerializer support when generating data contract types

May 17, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Currently, WSCF.blue uses the XmlSerializer because of limitation around DataContractSerializer with some of the XSD constructs. Somewhere in comments on this site I read that the support for the DataContractSerializer is on the roadmap. We are planning to go with Thinktecture for top-down service construction, but the DataContractSerializer support is the key to that decision. Can you please provide me information on when you are planning to add this support?

May 18, 2010 at 3:06 PM
I don't think that support for the DataContractSerializer will be available until the next major release. It is making sure that all the additional options we provide work correctly with both serializers that will take the time. There is also some effort in determining if the contract is valid for use with the DataContractSerializer and possibly automatically dropping back to the XmlSerializer when required.
May 18, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Alex,

Thanks for the update. I looked into the road map but was not able to figure out a planned date for next major release. Can you please provide a tentative date when the next major release could be out?

May 28, 2010 at 4:31 PM

We do not have any particular date in mind for the next release. It all depends on work commitments and when we have the free time.

Jul 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM
I tried using svcutil just now to create DataContracts from a bunch of XSDs, but I guess they were not compatible :( I think it was a collection without a collectiontag that caused trouble.. Anyway, using DataContractSerializer would be a really great feature in WSCF.blue :) But take your time to do it properly, automatically falling back on XmlSerializer or validating the schemas also sounds like a great feature :)
Aug 6, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Is there an update? Or any workaround for this? Other than manually editing the generated contracts file that is.